Syncing Files with iCloud Drive is a great way of storing your files and making them accessible across multiple devices. However, not everything is so smooth all the time. For example, the next time you try to sync your files, you could be greeted with the “iCloud Drive is loading” message.
If you’re dealing with this problem, don’t worry because the solution is usually simple. Just keep reading this article, and you’ll find out what’s going on.
iCloud keeps loading
The most common solutions for dealing with the “iCloud Drive is loading” message on your iPhone are:
1. Reboot your iPhone
Believe it or not, rebooting your iPhone is the most effective way of dealing with the “iCloud Drive is loading” message. I know it sounds generic because it indeed is the most generic solution you can try, but multiple users have confirmed on the forums that a simple restart gets the job done.
To reboot your iPhone, press and hold the Side button + the Volume Down button at the same time, until the Power off slider appears. Just drag the slider to the right, and your iPhone will power off. Turn on your iPhone again, and check if you’re now able to sync your files with iCloud.
2. Turn off iCloud Drive
Another solution suggested by users on the internet is turning off iCloud Drive, and turning it back on. So, if a simple reboot didn’t get the job done, you can try this as well. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap [your name] > iCloud.
- Toggle iCloud Drive off.
- Reboot your iPhone
- Go back to settings and enable iCloud Drive again.
3. Sign out of iCloud and sign back in
And finally, if the previous solutions didn’t work, you can try signing out of your iCloud account and signing back in. Here’s how to do that:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap your name, and go to Sign out.
- Type your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
- A window asks you which data you want to copy from your iCloud account to your phone. keep in mind that this might delete some data from your phone, so you’ll want to carefully read the instructions on this page.
- Once you’ve decided what you want to keep, tap Sign Out.
- Now that you’re signed out, head back to Settings, and go Sign in to your iPhone.
- Enter your credentials, tap Next, enter your passcode, and you’re back in.
That’s about it. I hope at least one of these solutions helped you resolve the problem with the “iCloud Drive is loading” message. If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, let us know in the comments below.
Editor’s note: This article was initially published in March 2022. We made sure to revamp it for freshness and accuracy.