Google Password Manager comes as the built-in password manager in Chrome. Just like with any other imaginable service, some users use it regularly but some are either not interested or employ a third-party password manager. Whatever the reason, you can easily disable Google Password Manager on your Android or PC. Learn how to do it below.
Table of contents:
How to turn off the built-in password manager in the browser?
1. Turn off Google Password Manager on Android
On Android, there are two options concerning Google Password Manager. One is Google Chrome and in-browser password management for websites. The other is the Autofill service that’s used to save and fill sign-in credentials in supported Android apps. They share the same passwords database and can disable both with ease.
Here’s how to disable Google Password Manager in Chrome for Android:
- Open Chrome.
- Tap on the 3-dots menu and open Settings.
- Open Passwords.
- Toggle Off the Save passwords option. Also, disable the Auto Sign-in option.
- If you want to disable saving payment methods and addresses, go back.
- Open Payment methods and disable Save and fill payment methods.
- Go back and open Addresses and more. Disable Save and fill addresses.
On the other hand, to disable the integration of Password Manager on Android, follow these steps:
- On your Android, open Settings.
- Open Google.
- Select Autofill.
- Open Autofill with Google.
- Disable the “Use Autofill with Google” option.
You can check all your passwords in Chrome > Settings > Passwords or navigate to your Google Account settings and you’ll find Password Manager under the Security tab.
2. Disable Google Password Manager on Chrome for desktop
The procedure on Windows, Linux, or ChromeOS in regards to the Chrome browser is the same as on Android. You need to open the browser, access Settings, and disable Passwords, Payment methods, and the “Addresses and more” options respectively.
Here’s how to turn off Google Password Manager in Chrome on your PC/Chromebook:
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the 3-dots menu in the top right corner and open Settings.
- From the left pane, select Autofill.
- You’ll see all 3 autofill options. Open all of them respectively and ensure that all toggles are off.
And, with that said, we can call it a wrap. Thank you for reading what was, hopefully, a helpful article. Post questions or share your thoughts in the comments section below.