Just like Facebook Messenger has recognizable notification and ringtone sounds, Snapchat also has that clicky notification sound that we are well aware of. However, what happens if you dislike this sound and want to change it to something else? It’s quite doable. We made sure to explain how to change the Snapchat notification sound on your Android. iOS users are out of luck on this one, but that’s just how iOS works. Android users, keep reading.
Table of contents:
- Change the Snapchat notification sound in the System settings
- How to use Snapchat notification sound for all apps
Can you change the notification sound on Snapchat?
1. Change the Snapchat notification sound in the System settings
You can change the notification sound for Snapchat just like with any other third-party app. It all depends on the Android skin your device has but, the majority of recent Android devices have this capability. Notifications management is one of the strong suits of a few recent Android versions and this applies to notification sounds for a variety of categories a single app might have. Snapchat has a lot of different push notification categories, including but not limited to Snaps and Chats, Mentions, or Trending public content.
If you’re tired of the same sound, you can change it by following these instructions:
- Open Settings.
- Tap Apps. Expand All apps.
- Open Snapchat.
- Select Notifications.
- Choose Notification categories.
- Now, tap the category you want to change. Most of you probably want to change the most common notification in Snaps and Chats.
- Tap Sound.
- Select Sound Picker.
- Choose one of the available notification sounds.
Furthermore, if you have a third-party app like Zedge, you can use it to set one of the thousands of different notification sounds.
2. How to use Snapchat notification sound for all apps
Zedge or similar apps are the way to go here. If you really like that clicky notification from Snapchat, you can probably find it in one of these apps. Or you can find a way to download it and add it to Sound Picker. The first way is easier and you can always uninstall Zedge after you find and set the sound because it will be stored on your internal storage.
Here’s how to set Snapchat notification sound for all apps on your Android:
- Download Zedge.
- Open the app and grant all necessary permissions.
- Search for Snapchat sound and select Notifications. Preview sounds to find the one that fits the best.
- Set the sound as the default notification sound.
- After that, you can uninstall the app if you don’t need it and the sound will stay in your local storage.
If some apps still keep their native notification sounds, repeat the steps from the first section and change the notification sound. We must mention that we are by no means affiliated with Zedge, it’s just something we use and it’s probably one of the most convenient ways to get custom sounds from favorite media and set them as ringtones or notifications.
With that said, we can wrap it up. Thank you for reading and feel free to share your thoughts or post questions in the comments section below. We’ll do our best to answer them to the best of our knowledge.
Editor’s note: This article was initially published in May 2022. We made sure to revamp it for freshness and accuracy.