If you use the PayPal app on Android or iOS, you’ve probably seen that there’s no option to change Account settings. So, if you need to change your PayPal phone number, you’ll need to use PayPal on the web that’s accessible through a browser. Learn more about this below.
How do I change my mobile number in PayPal?
You can change your number in PayPal only in the web-based client because in-app options are rather limited. At least, when it comes to Account settings. Of course, you can do that in any Android browser so it’s not necessary to use a desktop computer.
Once you navigate to PayPal and sign in, you should see the Phone numbers section in the bottom right corner. From there, you can add a new number and remove the old one or keep both numbers.
You have the option to add Home, Work, and Mobile numbers. The important one is the default number since, with it, you can utilize 2-factor authentication. Have in mind that you can only remove the old default PayPal phone number if you add a new one.
Here’s how to change your PayPal phone number, step-by-step:
- Open PayPal on the web.
- Sign in with your PayPal credentials. If you have the 2-step verification enabled, you’ll get the 6-digit code via SMS. Enter it to log in.
- Now, tap or click on the cog icon at the top right corner to open Settings.
- In the Phone numbers section, click Add New. Alternatively, you can click Change next to the phone number you want to replace.
- Add a new number and select the Category (Home, Work, or Mobile). After that, just click Add phone number.
- From the list that will appear, you can set the new number as primary so you can delete the old number or numbers.
If it takes you too much time to make these changes or you leave PayPal inactive, it will sign you out automatically for security reasons. So you’ll need to sign in again.
On that note, we can conclude this article. Thank you for reading and don’t forget to share your thoughts, questions, or suggestions. We look forward to hearing from you.
Editor’s note: This article was initially published in April 2022. We made sure to revamp it for freshness and accuracy.